Exercise rehabilitation, now more than ever, is a vital part in patients recovery from pain, injury or to return to normal day to day function. When we diagnose your condition, a treatment plan will be provided involving hands on manual therapy and an exercise/rehabilitation program to assist in your recovery. These programs are adapted at every stage of your recovery to suit you and are patient specific.
Rehabilitation is as important as treatment following any injury but is often forgotten when symptoms are removed. It is important to understand that injuries will improve and heal more successfully if an exercise plan is followed. Rehabilitation plans also help prevent injuries and pain by strengthening and activating weak or inactive muscle groups to help support your body.
Benefits of exercise rehabilitation:
- faster recovery
- reduced pain
- restoring muscle strength, endurance and power
- improving flexibility
- enhanced proprioception (an essential part of our bodies’ ability to move) and improved balance
- injury prevention
- creating resilience and reducing chances of re-injury
What conditions benefit from exercise rehabilitation?
- Chronic injuries, such as long term back pain, knee pain, and ankle instability
- Acute injured such as following a fall, sporting injury or ligament/tendon damage
- Post-operative issues
- Injuries not responding to manual treatment, this may be due to weakness in muscles or poor posture
- Sporting injuries and aid return to sport
- Lack of strength and fitness
- Poor posture and flexibility
- Poor mobility
At ProHealth, we provide rehabilitation plans to give you your independence back, and try to keep you fit and healthy for as long as possible. Our intention to keep you away from hands on care for as long as possible, but giving you the information you need to keep well.
Due to the recent pandemic, we now have an online consultation service which allows us to monitor your exercises and check on progress from the comfort of your own home. For access to this, you simply book a ‘telehealth’ appointment on our online booking service. I have attached a direct link below for your convenience